Recognizing outstanding achievement in the EMS profession.
Each year, NAEMT collaborates with other national EMS organizations to recognize outstanding achievements and contributions in EMS. By submitting a nomination, you not only recognize the candidate, you also honor and recognize the EMS profession — and all EMS professionals — who provide quality emergency patient care to their communities every day.
2014 Award Nominations were accepted until August 1, 2014.
The National EMS Awards of Excellence are awarded in the following categories:
- NAEMT/Braun Industries "EMT of the Year" — recognizes an emergency medical technician who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
- NAEMT/Nasco "Paramedic of the Year" — recognizes a Paramedic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
- NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning "EMS Educator of the Year" — recognizes an EMS educator who demonstrates excellence in providing EMS education to students.
- Dick Ferneau "Paid EMS Service of the Year" — presented by NAEMT and sponsored by Ferno; recognizes outstanding performance by a paid EMS service.
- Impact "Volunteer EMS Service of the Year" — sponsored by Impact Instrumentation, Inc.; recognizes outstanding performance by a volunteer EMS service.
Award recipients receive a monetary award, three core program registrations, plus $1,100 for travel and lodging at the 2014 EMS World Expo/NAEMT Annual Meeting, November 9-13, in Nashville, Tennessee. Award recipients are announced in EMS World Magazine and recognized at the opening ceremony of EMS World Expo. The "EMT of the Year," "Paramedic of the Year," "Educator of the Year," "Paid Service of the Year" and "Volunteer Service of the Year" awards also are presented at the NAEMT General Membership Meeting and are recognized in NAEMT News.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The most prestigious award granted by NAEMT is the Rocco V. Morando Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Applications are not accepted for this award. Rather, an outstanding professional working in the field of EMS is chosen.
View past award winners here.
If you have any questions about our awards or the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-346-2368.