NAEMT and EMS World are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2016 National EMS Awards of Excellence. The awards will be presented during NAEMT's General Membership Meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 4, in New Orleans, La., and on Oct. 5, during EMS World Expo's opening ceremony. We congratulate the following recipients and recognize their outstanding contributions to emergency medical care:
- Bryn Arnold, Paramedic, Indianapolis, Indiana
2016 NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year, sponsored by Nasco
- Nicole Richards, EMT, Burlington, Colorado
2016 NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year, sponsored by Braun Industries
- Leaugeay Barnes, Paramedic, Tulsa, Oklahoma
2016 NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning EMS Educator of the Year, sponsored by Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Ernest Parrish, Paramedic/SOCOM Medic,
Sergeant, U.S. Army, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), Washington
2016 NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year, sponsored by North American Rescue
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center's Emergency Transport Services, Wilmington, N. Carolina
2016 Dick Ferneau Paid EMS Service of the Year, sponsored by Ferno
- Valhalla Volunteer Ambulance Corps, New York City
2016 Volunteer EMS Service of the Year, sponsored by ZOLL
Recognizing outstanding achievement in the EMS profession.
Each year, NAEMT collaborates with other national EMS organizations to recognize outstanding achievements and contributions in EMS. By submitting a nomination, you not only recognize the candidate, you also honor and recognize the EMS profession — and all EMS professionals — who provide quality emergency patient care to their communities every day.
Nominations for 2016 awards were accepted online between February 15 and June 30, 2016.
The National EMS Awards of Excellence are awarded in the following categories. Submit your nomination by clicking on the award name.
- NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year — recognizes an emergency medical technician who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
- NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year — recognizes a Paramedic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
- NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning EMS Educator of the
Year — recognizes an EMS educator who demonstrates excellence in providing EMS education to students.
- NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year — recognizes a military medic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of military emergency medicine. Those eligible include any active or reserve U.S. Army Medic, Navy Corpsman, or Air Force Medic.
Ferneau Paid EMS Service of the Year — sponsored by Ferno; recognizes outstanding performance by a paid EMS service.
- ZOLL Volunteer EMS Service of the Year — sponsored by ZOLL; recognizes outstanding performance by a volunteer EMS service.
Each category awards a recipient $1,000 in cash, three core program registrations, and an additional $1,200 for travel and lodging at the 2016 EMS World Expo/NAEMT Annual Meeting, October 3-7 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The award to the recipient of the "Military Medic of the Year" complies with the Department of Defense’s employees gift-giving and gift-receiving rules.
Award recipients are announced in EMS World Magazine and NAEMT News. Award recipients are also recognized at the opening ceremony of EMS World Expo and at the NAEMT General Membership Meeting and awards presentation.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The most prestigious award granted by NAEMT is the Rocco V. Morando Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Applications are not accepted for this award. Rather, an outstanding professional working in the field of EMS is chosen.
View past award recipients here.
If you have any questions about our awards or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-346-2368.