Recognizing outstanding achievement in the EMS profession.
Each year, NAEMT collaborates with other national EMS organizations to recognize outstanding achievements and contributions in EMS. By submitting a nomination, you not only recognize the candidate, you also honor and recognize the EMS profession — and all EMS professionals — who provide quality emergency patient care to their communities every day.
2015 Award Nominations will be accepted until June 15, 2015.
The National EMS Awards of Excellence are awarded in the following categories:
- NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year — recognizes an emergency medical technician who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care. Make your nomination!
- NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year — recognizes a Paramedic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
Make your nomination!
- NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning EMS Educator of the Year — recognizes an EMS educator who demonstrates excellence in providing EMS education to students. Make your nomination!
- NEW! NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year — recognizes a military medic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of military emergency medicine. Those eligible include any active or reserve U.S. Army Medic, Navy Corpsman, or Air Force Medic. Make your nomination!
- Dick Ferneau Paid EMS Service of the Year — presented by NAEMT and sponsored by Ferno; recognizes outstanding performance by a paid EMS service. Make your nomination!
- ZOLL Volunteer EMS Service of the Year — sponsored by ZOLL; recognizes outstanding performance by a volunteer EMS service. Make your nomination!
Each category awards a recipient $1,000 in cash, three core program registrations, and an additional $1,200 for travel and lodging at the 2015 EMS World Expo/NAEMT Annual Meeting, September 15-19, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The award to the recipient of the "Military Medic of the Year" complies with the Department of Defense’s employees gift-giving and gift-receiving rules.
Award recipients are announced in EMS World Magazine and NAEMT News. Award recipients are also recognized at the opening ceremony of EMS World Expo and at the NAEMT General Membership Meeting awards presentation.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The most prestigious award granted by NAEMT is the Rocco V. Morando Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Applications are not accepted for this award. Rather, an outstanding professional working in the field of EMS is chosen.
View past award recipients here.
If you have any questions about our awards or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-346-2368.