The mission of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians is to represent and serve EMS practitioners, including paramedics, emergency medical technicians and emergency medical responders, through advocacy, educational programs and research.
NAEMT is the national leader in creating solutions to the challenges facing EMS practitioners.
- We believe that EMS is a distinct and essential service to the public and a fundamental component of our nation’s health care system.
- We believe that all patients are entitled to high quality and safe medical care delivered by qualified EMS practitioners.
- We believe that all EMS practitioners are entitled to a safe, healthy and respectful work environment.
- We believe that all EMS practitioners are entitled to adequate and equitable compensation.
- We believe that professional education, national education standards and EMS research are essential to the consistent delivery of high quality, evidence-based medical care.
- We believe that each community should determine the EMS delivery model that best meets their needs and resources.
- We believe that collaboration within the EMS profession is essential to addressing the key challenges facing EMS.
- We shall represent the views and concerns of all EMS practitioners regardless of delivery model.
- We shall conduct all NAEMT business with integrity and transparency, and adhere to the ethical standards of our profession.
Our Strategic Goals:
- By the end of 2014 we shall: Recruit and retain 10,000 full members.
- Develop and implement strategies to address the key EMS challenges identified by our members.
- Develop and sustain relationships with institutions and organizations that advance our advocacy efforts.
- Increase participation at EMS on the Hill Day to at least 300, to include representation from every state and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Streamline our instructor process to make it more affordable to serve as a NAEMT instructor.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase access to NAEMT courses.