State advocacy coordinators are NAEMT members who have been appointed by the President to help our members build and support NAEMT's national advocacy efforts within their respective states. Their roles and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting outreach to NAEMT members in the state to encourage and support member participation in national EMS advocacy efforts;
- Updating members on the status of pending national legislation and regulation;
- Coordinating visits to the district offices of the state's U.S. Senators and House Representatives to educate congressional leaders and staff about the issues that affect delivery of EMS to communities within the state;
- Building relations with the state EMS office and state EMS association(s);
- Coordinating state involvement in national advocacy campaigns.
Contact your state advocacy coordinator and let them know you are interested in federal advocacy issues and willing to help. NAEMT is committed to securing a state advocacy coordinator for every state and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. NAEMT is now accepting applications for those states where a position is still open. If interested, please send your application (a letter of interest including advocacy experience and resume) to email@example.com
Current State Advocacy Coordinators: