To allow for the advancement of EMS personnel, NAEMT is proud to offer scholarship opportunities for individual, active members. The following scholarships are available:
- First Responders (To become EMT-Basic) – up to $500 each
- EMT-Basic (To become EMT-Paramedic) – up to $5,000 each
- Paramedics (To advance education in the realm of EMS) – up to $2,000 each
- Applicant must be an individual, active member of NAEMT. Student, squad or trial members must upgrade to individual, active membership status in order to qualify.
- Applicant must submit a complete and accurate application by the stated deadline.
- Applicant must submit a letter of request, in 1,000 words or less, that describes why he or she is pursuing educational scholarship, his or her educational and employment goals, and how the scholarship would be of benefit.
- EMS scholarships are not awarded for course work already taken.
- Scholarship payments are made directly to the educational institution. The institution must submit an invoice to NAEMT for payment.
- Recipients must maintain current, active NAEMT membership status for the duration of the course of study in order to access scholarship funds.
- Recipient must begin the educational program and begin accessing the scholarship in the term for which the award is granted. Funds will be available up to the scholarship limit for recipient who continues his or her educational program without interruption into the next school year.
- Recipient who withdraws or discontinues the educational program prior to completion for reasons within his or her control (i.e., dropping the course, academic dismissal for absences, etc.) must immediately refund scholarship funds. No refund will be required for recipient who is unable to continue in the EMS program for reasons beyond their control. Proof of reasons for program termination will be required.
- Recipient must maintain passing grades and remain in good standing throughout the course of study. Recipient may be asked to submit grades each term prior to the next scholarship payment.
- Recipient of EMS scholarships must seek certification by testing upon completion of their Emergency Medical Technician or EMT-Paramedic program.
- Recipient must provide follow-up information and respond to NAEMT requests pertaining to their education and career.
- Recipient must sign a contract agreeing to these scholarship guidelines.
Scholarship Selection Process
1. Only those applications which are complete and received by the deadline will be considered.
2. NAEMT will notify all applicants by email of the status of their application.
3. The following criteria will be used in the scholarship selection process:
- Dedication to the profession;
- Financial need;
- Dedication to the community;
- Service as a positive ambassador for NAEMT
Scholarship Application Deadlines
Fall/Winter Semester: June 15
Spring/Summer Semester: September 15
The online scholarship application is available now. Click here to log in and apply.
If you have questions, e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-34-NAEMT.