General Board Election Information
NAEMT encourages those who are interested in committing their time and talents to run for a position on the NAEMT Board of Directors. The NAEMT bylaws provide for five officers and 10 directors elected by the active members of the association. Eight of these directors represent members in a region of the United States, while the other two directors are at-large, representing all members. View qualifications for NAEMT Board positions here.
Directors who represent a region must reside within the territorial boundaries of that region. Click here for a listing of NAEMT regions. For a full copy of NAEMT's Operational Policy on Candidacy and Election of Officers and Directors, click here.
Open positions for the 2018-2019 term on the NAEMT Board of Directors include one Director in each of the four regions, and one At-Large Director. View the Director
: Accepted between July 15 and August 15
NAEMT members interested in serving as an officer or member of the Board of Directors who are eligible as defined by the NAEMT Bylaws
shall submit the following documentation to: email@example.com
. For each election, a member may only submit candidacy documents for one open position. 1. Statement of Candidacy
shall be a maximum of 500 words and shall include:
2. Candidate’s Background Information
- the position being sought;
- why the candidate is seeking the position;
- what the candidate’s goals will be if elected;
- the key challenges and opportunities that the candidate feels that NAEMT and EMS are facing;
- how the candidate believes that the association should address these issues
- why the candidate is the best person to fill this position.
3. Letter of Support
- educational and professional accomplishments - please provide copies of certificates, including EMS certifications
- awards and recognition - please provide copies of certificates or articles;
- involvement in NAEMT activities and positions held with other EMS organizations - please provide copies of membership cards and/or letter or statement from organization verifying position(s);
- Employment and/or volunteer service with EMS agency - include agency contact information and letter from agency verifying service;
- any other information that may be relevant to the position being sought - include contact information for verification purposes.
from another active member of the association supporting the candidate. Letter of Support will be posted on NAEMT website. 4. Valid email address
at which members may contact the candidate. 5. Photo
of the candidate in electronic format. 6. Signed Statement of Acknowledgement
that candidate will abide by NAEMT candidacy and elections policies. Click here
for statement. Responses to Questions:
Qualified candidates will be required to respond to questions posed by the Candidacy and Elections Committee. Candidates' responses to these questions will be posted on the website for review by NAEMT members two weeks prior to the commencement of voting.
of candidates by individual members in good standing will be accepted until two weeks prior to the commencement of voting. Endorsements may be received either as emails, signed faxes or signed letters. Endorsements shall be limited to one endorsement per member for each open position. Up to 20 names of members endorsing each candidate will be posted on the website in the order in which they are received. Candidate Guidelines: 1.
All candidates will conduct themselves in an honest and ethical manner, and will respect the rights and privileges of fellow candidates. It is expected that information provided by candidates be factual and truthful. The Candidacy and Elections Committee shall report to the Board any and all instances in which a candidate has made untruthful, defamatory, inaccurate or inappropriate statements in any phase or aspect of the candidacy and election process or has committed, procured, solicited or induced others to commit election fraud or misrepresentation of any kind. The Board shall evaluate this information and, in its sole judgment, may vote to disqualify a candidate prior to an election, or refuse to seat an elected candidate. 2.
Candidates may address their goals for seeking office with other members on an individual basis. 3.
Letters of Support and endorsements for candidates will be posted only on the NAEMT website. 4.
Candidates may not:
- use the NAEMT membership list for distribution of candidacy information or materials;
- distribute candidacy information or materials at the NAEMT Annual Meeting;
- refer to other websites or blogs in any candidacy communications including statements, background information or responses to questions.
- post Letters of Support or endorsements of candidacy on any other websites, blogs or social media.
Candidates attending other EMS meetings or conferences at NAEMT's expense shall not distribute candidacy information or materials at these events.