The inaugural NAEMT All Hazards Disaster Response course at EMS Today on Feb. 22 received great reviews from engaged participants. Led by content experts, the course prepared attendees at all EMS levels to respond to the many types of disaster scenarios they may encounter, such as floods, structural fires, tornadoes, terror attacks, and more!
Available in May, this 8-hour course teaches how to analyze potential threats, assess available resources, and create a response plan that will save lives.
Features of a response plan covered in the course include:
- Communicating effectively during disasters.
- Mutual aid and interoperability.
- Managing resources such as supplies, medications and equipment.
- Triage and transportation strategies and challenges.
- Patient tracking and evacuation.
Congratulations to all participants of the inaugural NAEMT All Hazards Disaster Response course!